Institute of Media and Information Technology (IMIT)
1-33, Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba, 263-8522 Japan
Tel. +81-43-290-3535 Fax. +81-43-290-3518
The Institute of Media and Information Technology (IMIT) was established in April 2001 in order to promote research in various fields through media and information technology and the academic computing and networking truly appropriate to a university in the advanced information society of the 21st century. A super computer HITACHI SR16000 Model XM1 was newly installed in March 2011 and a new system called “Information and Computing System” with its three subsystems, Computing System for supporting education and research, Campus Network for supporting education, research and administration and Integrated Mail System began to operate.
With its four Divisions of Research and Office for computing service and Network Operation, IMIT collaborates with faculties and graduate schools in the related fields of research and education and strives to return the fruits of this collaboration to society as well as to the university.
- Division of Foundations of Information Sciences and Technology
For the research and development of principal theories on computers and network systems, etc.
- Division of Media Technology
For the research and development of media technology for university education and continuing education, etc.
- Division of Academic Information Processing
For the investigation of adequate ways of production, storage and maintenance of academic information contents, etc.
- Division of High Performance Computing
For the research into new possibilities of using parallel computers as a research tool, etc.
The IMIT Newsletter (Published quarterly in Japanese)
Other pages in this category
- Center for Environmental Remote Sensing (CEReS)
- Medical Mycology Research Center (MMRC)
- Chemical Analysis Center
- Institute of Media and Information Technology (IMIT)
- Center for Frontier Science
- Center for General Education
- Center for International Research and Education
- Center for Language Education (CLE)
- Marine Biosystems Research Center
- Research Center for Frontier Medical Engineering
- Center for Environment, Health and Field Sciences
- Biomedical Research Center
- Center for Forensic Mental Health
- Center for Sustainable Tourism Creation
- Center for Preventive Medical Science
- Venture Business Laboratory
- Radioisotope Research Center
- Organization for Academic-Industrial Collaboration and Intellectual Property
- Safety and Health Organization
- Schools and Center Attached to Faculty of Education
- University Library
- University Hospital
- Academic Link Center
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University and Chiba University International Cooperative Research Center (SJTU-CU ICRC)')