Notifications and requests on all overseas travels (study abroad, overseas conferences, research exchanges, and personal trips) for Term 4-6, AY2022
To all students
Though we all have been trying our best to cope with the pandemic, it is still difficult to foresee how the changing state of world affairs including COVID-19 would affect our lives even in the near future. Considering the circumstances, Chiba University requests all students to understand and observe the following during Term 4 - Term 6, AY2022. Please note that these measures are subject to change depending on the situation. We will inform you how we will respond after Term 6 once decided.
1. Study abroad programs
(1) Several study abroad programs are planned to resume in Term 6. More information will follow in mid-October.
(2) Individually planned study abroad is allowed only when the safety criteria are met. Please consult at your faculty office well ahead of time when you have such a plan.
(3) Support on virtual study abroad programs/online conferences will be offered for those admitted in 2020 and 2021 and for certain students admitted in 2022, who are yet to satisfy the study abroad requirement. Detailed information will be available in mid-October.
2. Overseas travels for research exchanges and conferences
Traveling overseas for research or conferences will be allowed only when the safety criteria are met. Please consult at your faculty office well ahead of time when you have such a plan.
3. Overseas travels for personal reasons
Traveling overseas for personal reasons will be allowed only when the safety criteria are met. Please consult at your faculty office well ahead of time when you have such a plan.
Executive Vice President, Chiba University
Vice President, Chiba University