Measures regarding bomb threat sent to Chiba University(Sep.25 update)
Regarding the recent bomb threat to Chiba University campuses, the university has heightened security by increasing on-campus patrols and prohibited from entering Chiba University's campuses during the entire day of September 25th.
We are pleased to inform all stakeholders that no explosions or damage have occurred and confirmed there are no suspicious items or persons on its campuses.
As a result, the prohibition to enter Chiba University campuses due to this incident has been lifted.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation regarding this matter.
The University remains vigilant and in close contact with the local authorities, and will take appropriate measures to deal with this matter.
Chiba University was alerted of a message stating that a number of major buildings on the University's campuses would be bombed at 12:08 p.m. on Friday, September 25.
While working together with the police, the University is on high alert for any suspicious items or persons on its campuses, and has heightened security by increasing on-campus patrols and other measures.
The safety of Chiba University's students, faculty, and staff, members of the local community, and other related individuals is our top priority. Therefore, the following measures will be taken on Friday, September 25. We ask for your understanding and cooperation regarding this matter.
・Regarding restricted access to Nishi-Chiba, Inohana, Matsudo, and Kashiwanoha Campuses on Friday, September 25
- All students and local residents will be prohibited from entering Chiba University's campuses during the entire day of September 25th.
- The minimum number of staff required for security and contact reasons will be on campus, but all other faculty and staff are asked to stay at home.
・Regarding the University Hospital
- Chiba University Hospital will operate under normal business hours with the utmost safety measures in place.
・Regarding lectures, etc. on Friday, September 25
- All on-campus lectures will be canceled.
- In general, online lectures that do not required presence on campus will be held as usual depending on the judgement of the professors.
※ Please check the Chiba University Student's Portal System for the information about the lectures.
- If you see any suspicious item(s) or person(s) on or near Chiba University's campuses, please contact the nearest administration office, security guard office, etc. immediately.