College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Fostering global citizens
- Fostering global citizens
- We educate global leaders of the future who generate new values through the integration of ‘Global’, ‘Japanese’, and ‘Science’.
Faculty of Letters
Study that begins with intellectual curiosity
- Division of Behavioral Sciences
- Division of History
- Division of Japanese Studies
- Division of International Languages and Cultures
- Dig deep down into your interest in a small group class.
- Students acquire a broad understanding of humanities through a wide array of courses.
- Many faculty members are involved in international research and activities.
Faculty of Law, Politics and Economics
Faculty of Law, Politics and Economics
- Learning the ability to fully understand and solve problems Department of Law, Politics and Economics
- We cultivate problem solving experts who serve the needs of local and global communities.
- We value open-minded specialization through interdisciplinary learning.
- Students can take advantage of the university environment to consider ideas from multiple perspectives.
Faculty of Education
Fostering educators who embrace and adapt to change and continually address the needs of society.
- Training Division for Elementary School Teachers
- Training Division for Junior High School Teachers
- Training Division for the Education of Children with Special Needs
- Training Division for Kindergarten Teachers
- Training Division for School Health Nursing (Yogo) Teachers
- Training Division for Sports Sciences
- Training Division for Lifelong Education
- Gain teaching skills through practical classroom teaching experiences.
- Learn from professional teachers with a wealth of experience who are currently working in Chiba Prefecture.
- Benefit from quality instruction and curricula to become a qualified professional.
Faculty of Science
Seeking unknown truth in natural world
- Department of Mathematics and Informatics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Biology
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Find your specific interest while learning fundamental knowledge and skills during the first and second year.
- Study how to think logically with respect to supporting scientific findings.
- Cultivate ethics and study sustainable social development.
Faculty of Engineering
10 departments that support diverse industries
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Urban Environment Systems
- Department of Design
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Medical System Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Nanoscience
- Department of Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology
- Department of Image Sciences
- Department of Informatics and Imaging Systems
- We engage in manufacturing in various fields such as robots, images and programs.
- Encourage English skill improvement to promote cross-cultural interaction with international students.
- We participate in community-based research activity including restoration of earthquake disasters.
Faculty of Horticulture
Studying food production, plants, and health.
- Department of Horticulture
- Department of Applied Biological Chemistry
- Department of Environmental Science and Landscape Architecture
- Department of Food and Resource Economics
- We address various issues related to food, resources, development, environment, health and life.
- Students learn how to take a flexible approach to problem solving in small, hands-on groups.
- Students gain a global perspective through study abroad programs and exchange with international students.
School of Medicine
Fostering clinical and research doctors.
- Department of Medicine
- Established with voluntary donations as a community hospital in 1874.
- We train people to become research doctors who focus on basic medicine and clinical doctors who deal directly with patients.
- We develop teamwork and communication skills in cooperation with the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and School of Nursing.
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Making the world a better place by advancing pharmaceutical sciences
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- We aim to contribute to the health and welfare of mankind.
- We offer two paths: a 4 year course to pursue a research career, and a 6 year course to become a licensed pharmacist.
- Students gain the knowledge and skills to logically explain their theories.
School of Nursing
Learning through theory and clinical practice.
- Department of Nursing
- The only school of nursing among the national universities.
- We demonstrate various theories in practice to help students acquire the necessary knowledge and spirit of nursing.
- Graduate School of Nursing further specializes in nursing.